CleanBC Better Homes & Renovation Rebate
Up to $14,000 in Energy Renovation Rebates for BC and Vancouver Homeowners
British Columbia and Vancouver homeowners can now take advantage of the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Programs.
The Home Energy Improvement Bonus is a rebate of up to $2,000 for installing three or more eligible energy upgrades. To qualify for this bonus rebate, homeowners must get pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home energy evaluations from a certified energy advisor.
If you are interested in the Home Energy Improvement Bonus rebate, All Season Inspection would be pleased to provide you with competitive service.
How the rebate process works
Retrofit your home
Apply for rebate
- The home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
- You must have a residential utility account with FortisBC, BC Hydro, or a municipal utility.
Eligible property types:
- Single family home (detached dwelling).
- Secondary suite in a single-family home (detached dwelling), with its own separate utility meter.
- Mobile home that is permanently fixed, sits on a foundation and is structurally complete with installed and connected plumbing, heating, electrical, water and sewer services; towing apparatus and axle must be removed.
- Duplex, triplex, row home or townhome, where each unit has its own natural gas and/or electricity meter; utility accounts must be in the name of the resident and/or homeowner. Utility accounts in the name of a strata corporation are not eligible.
Your home must be primarily heated with:
- Natural Gas or piped-propane supplied by FortisBC.
- Natural Gas supplied by Pacific Northern Gas.
- Electricity supplied by FortisBC, BC Hydro, or a municipal utility.
- Oil or propane not supplied by FortisBC.
- Wood or other solid fuel.
As part of the program, there is a $300 rebate to help cover the cost of an EnerGuide home energy audit from a certified energy advisor. Select BC municipalities offer an additional $150 rebate.
Home Energy Improvement Bonus Rebate
The Home Energy Improvement Bonus rebate provides $750 to $2,000 for installing three or more eligible energy efficiency upgrades between your pre- and post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluations. Receive $20 for every percentage you reduce your EnerGuide rating (Gigajoule/year) between your pre- and post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluations.
Requirements for the upgrade
Home Energy Audit Booking
Home Energy Audit is the first step to start your Greener Homes Retrofit Grant or to apply for other energy retrofit rebates.