Canada Greener Homes Grant
Government of Canada Energy Rebates 2023
Ontario energy rebates 2023 or if you live in British Columbia energy rebates 2023 can assist you to increase your home energy efficiency through a canada energy audit.
The Canada Greener Homes Grant program will help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient,This means homes will be more comfortable and more affordable to maintain while also supporting our environmental objectives.You can start your process by booking your home energy audit.
How the rebate process works
- prove ownership by providing a property tax bill number.
- prove the property is your primary residence with a valid piece of government-issued ID with the matching address, such as a driver’s licence.
- Indigenous governments or organizations (e.g. band councils, land claim organizations).
- housing management bodies and other representative or Indigenous service delivery organizations with formal partnerships with Indigenous governments or organizations.
- It has three or fewer storeys above ground.
- The building area does not exceed 600 m2.
- The building must be habitable year-round.
- Single and semi-detached houses
- Townhomes and row housing
- Mobile homes (on a permanent foundation)
- Permanently moored floating homes
- Low-rise multi-unit residential buildings
- Mixed-use buildings (residential portion only)
greener homes Rebate amount
Up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy-efficient retrofits to their homes, such as better insulation.
EnerGuide evaluations (worth up to $600) and expert advice to homeowners so they can begin to plan their retrofits.
Participants are eligible for up to $5,600 total under the initiative.
Home Energy Audit Booking
Home Energy Audit is the first step to start your Greener Homes Retrofit Grant or to apply for other energy retrofit rebates.
Frequently asked questions
When you apply, you will have an option to select that you already completed a pre-retrofit evaluation, and you will be directed to the next step.
- If you conducted an evaluation before April 1, 2020, you need a new evaluation.
- If you conducted an evaluation between April 1, 2020, and November 30, 2020, you can use the evaluation for the initiative but you will not get a grant for that evaluation. To receive the grant, your eligible home retrofits must have occurred on or after December 1, 2020.
- If you conducted an evaluation between December 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, you can receive the grant for both the evaluations and for the retrofits if you complete at least one eligible retrofit on or after December 1, 2020. In this case, the retrofit does not need to be recommended by your energy advisor in their report.
- If the evaluations occurred on or after July 1, 2021, you can receive a grant for both the evaluations and the retrofits if you complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor in their report.
New homes are not eligible for the grant. Newly built homes are defined as homes that are no more than six months old, based on the date of occupancy by the first homeowner. This criterion will apply to homeowners at the time of application.
The Canada Greener Homes Loan offers interest-free financing to help Canadians make their homes more energy efficient and comfortable. The loan can help you finance eligible retrofits that are recommended by an energy advisor and that have not yet been started.